Wednesday 30 November 2011

Welcome to suburbia...

Its a strike day, horray! That's a day off for me and i'm not complaining. I was hoping to photograph Owls today, but a turn of events has lead me to be unable to do this, so I resorted to the local water park where I focused on more terrestrial ambitions. I wanted to photograph the loafing ducks and Pied Wagtails, but like all the best plans it all went wrong very early on when I couldn't find any wagtails. Still, loads of ducks to choose from...


I did bring feed with me, but these buggers ate most of it...




As well as a group of Swans. They were so close I switched to a 18-55mm lens, so as to get a wide-angle perspective on them...





Before long at last I found the Pied Wags, and after judicious use of a bag of seed they soon were feeding happily on the tarmac in front of me. A good end to a nice hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment