Monday 23 April 2012

Garden of Eden (or somewhere close)

Living in the suburbs is an advantage on living in the heart of the city, even if its a bit of a walk into Piccadilly! I put food out for the birds as most of us seem to do now, which is obviously a good thing for the birds. However, it means I 'compete for customers' with my neighbours, none of whom are trying to get BWPA-winning shots of them! Still, somehow I get by! I've got my Dunnocks, my Robins, my Blue Tits and my Blackbirds (all pairs this time of year!) and i've had something of a renaissance of feeding activity, headed by my little friend the 'Punk Tit'. Its presumably a feather growth problem on the head, but I have thought might be because its going in and out of a nesting hole. Anyhow, he is something of a poser...



But as well as these little beauties making there presence known, i've had a surge in plant  growth through this wet spell. I've never done flower photography, but this Marsh Marigold (I think!) in my pond was great in the late evening sun...!


Along with these blossoms...



and a Tulip...



Anyhow, a nice little diversion!

No comments:

Post a Comment