Saturday 1 September 2012

The Steepest of Learning Curves

First it was fine. Then it wasn't. Then the Bios loaded. Then the OS didn't. Some will recognise the symptoms of hard drive failure there, some (like me!) won't. But alas, as I booted up after some macro in the garden that was exactly what happened. I've tried numerous methods to retrieve the content of the hard drive, but it is, to use a technical term, absolutely f***ed. I've lost all my photos from last November.  Bit of a blow, but my camera's OK so its just an incentive to get out there and get some more images!

Still, since the hard drive is thought (by the bloke at the shop) to be fully recoverable in some guise or another. That is at considerable expense though, so it'll have to wait until I start working. However, this incident has taught me a valuable lesson, and one that i'll not be forgetting any time soon:



BACK IT UP!

 


1 comment: